When I think about my vacation, I definitely don’t want to think about organization at all!!! But what if one or two tips and tricks could change your whole experience this summer?
SMALL TRICKS FOR AN ORGANIZED PACKING
- Use a detailed packing list
- Multiple travelers? Find as many colorful clothes organizers as people in your tribe
- Try gathering lots of document bags in different sizes to keep your itinerary, tickets, maps and travel papers in order
- Packing a “pop-up » laundry hamper to have a definite place to keep dirty laundry. At the end of the trip, dedicate one small suitcase for the dirty laundry (see here below: An organized return home)
- If you’re a chronic over-packer, pack everything in advance, then each time you pass your suitcase, eliminate one item!
- Use a travel toiletry bag which is flat and much easier to place in your suitcase the morning of departure
- Do you travel with many smaller bags or containers inside your suitcase? Try this: number them, using masking tape and a sharpie. When ready to leave, account for all containers or bags. If #2 is missing, you know you have to look for it!
ADDITIONAL TRICKS TO AN ORGANIZED RETURN BACK HOME
- Vacation as a family ? Unpack as a family! Make it a game: each person holds at least one bag back home and has to empty that bag before doing anything else.
- Unpack dirty laundry first and wash one load before unpacking the rest
- If suitable, put all the suitcases and bags in one place and empty one completely before opening any other one